Friday 4 November 2022

Thoughts On - Disaster Strikes

 Hi everyone,

                      It had been a disaster of a week, in fact, not to put too fine a point on it, it had been a double whammy last week. To start with, my email account was hacked and the site was totally deleted by two despicable souls, who should be locked up in a small smelly cell, with the key dropped in the nearest bottomless pit. On top of that calamity, I finally discovered that I had been made redundant.

                     I could not have been zapped at a more unfortunate time, so I hope they are happy with themselves. All of the communications about my pending redundancy had gone to my email, which then got wiped before I saw them. Not that the cherubs in the "Human Resources" team had any idea of my problem, of course. I had not any clue as to what was going on when my timesheet went blank when I went to check my shift for the following day. I knew that some others in my team were leaving; but since I  had not received any notifications over any of the other channels to say that I was being "Ramped Down", as they put it in political speak land. Just call it redundancy and be done with it. The bigwigs had left my team leader in the dark too, so he could not confirm or deny what the situation was.

                    Once I had got another email up and running, numerous emails were sent off, followed by frequent calls to automated helpdesks that just requested me to send an email instead. I tracked down the number of another local branch and after confirming my id, they were able to state that I WAS one of those that had "Walked the plank" off the pirate ship.

                      I am now beginning my search for the next way to earn myself a crust. I have an updated CV to pass on to my agency recruitment team and look forward to when I can be a productive member of the community once more.

Time will tell.


Regards to one and all, as the showbiz folks say, "Break a leg", if you are job hunting like me.


Ivor Cogdell


P.S. The printer is running out of ink to print my CV. It's a good job we have the net, too, otherwise, I would be stuck.





No comments:

Post a Comment