Friday 25 September 2015

Terrain - Building 4Ground Corner Ruins Type 3 plus D.I.Y. Additions part 1 of 3.

Hi all,
          This was meant to be just a short, quick post for the Wastelander's out there. You are not forgotten. It did run away with me a bit. On the 25th September, I built the 28 mm scale pre-decorated "Corner Ruins Type 3" from 4Ground. It is mainly aimed at 19th century to WW II scenery, but it will do for the "Post Apocalypse" setting with no problems, even fantasy with some extra props.
              Please note - their difficulty rating is - 14 and older. PVA wood glue is recommended. There are simple easy instructions or photographs, apart from the door. The door in the diagram is painted dark green and it is hard to make out the details.
             Item V (a choice of two colours) is the handle and goes sideways into the door slot, item W goes on the inside of the door, fairly low down. I added a piece of sellotape along the inside of the door to give a working hinge.

What you get




This is almost the complete official assembly, minus the ladder, window. door and the brick and floorboard rubble supplied. I was enjoying myself so much, that it inspired me to put a base on it and get out some foam board and continue to add to the model. With a bit of recycling of lolly sticks and cutting, I am now at this stage.


I have some more work to do on it, painting the white walls brick red to roughly match the original, putting down more floorboards and adding the details provided by 4Ground, (spare bricks, wood, ladders and tiles).





He is one of my partially painted Heroes of the Wastelands.


I've weather worn the back section to blend better, not sure what details I shall add. The floorboards need adjusting, perhaps more weathering.

Continued in Part Two  and Part Three.

Regards all,

Ivor Cogdell

No comments:

Post a Comment