Tuesday 30 August 2016

Thoughts on - Suicide Squad

Hi there,
             I watched this film in 2d, I'm not sure if it came out in 3d, but I did not see any obvious shots that were put in for the 3d viewing audience. Its a nice little film. It is set in the DC Comic universe. Superman has died (or at least, is not at all well, as they say.) Batman is holding down the fort for the time being and the Government is wondering what they do now ?
             Their answer is to gather up the biggest bunch of baddies they can get their hands on and pit them against the uber baddies who will naturally come crawling out of the woodwork next. As they say "Fight fire with fire", a tried and tested solution.
              This is another "turn your brain off and enjoy the scrap" film, as I had expected, with a few plot twists along the way. The scraps are ok. Lots of wisecracks. Will Smith gives a fair performance as Deadshot, but there is nothing to tax him here though. I doubt if I will buy this on DVD.

Smiles rather than belly laughs. Rating 7 out of 10.

Ivor

No comments:

Post a Comment