Saturday 24 June 2017

Pause 8

Hi all,
          I have hit a real life snag, as you do from time to time. as I am having a new bathroom installed, new plumbing, fittings, a shiny new bath and shower installed, tiled floor and walls (I took ages to pick the tiles, lol).

           The electrics are half done, a wire from the bathroom runs under the floorboards downstairs to my mains area, a safety isolation switch has to be added yet, but first I need a new fuse box to be fitted by my Electric company as the installed one is out of date by 40-odd years. (Still no news after a fortnight, I will give them a prod again. Their reply - Any electrician can do it. So that's another hurdle overcome)

           (Good News) I have cold running water again, for the time being, sheer bliss. More pipework needs to be done for the washbasin. The bath is installed, but the taps are still loose (Need fixing to the bath itself.)
            (Bad news) The water board are outside doing maintenance and are prone to cut the water off at no notice, such is their hobby.

          This will make me a very happy bunny once it is all finished, but it is slowing me down, game wise. I am doing a landscape painting as well, so am torn between the two hobbies. I usually make stuff / paint minis / play until inspiration strikes, then swap over to my landscape painting
.
            I have just completed my sixth and final episode of my first 5 Parsecs Hologame and that is now online.

          I have completed painting my Dwarf warriors, I  have just done the game stats for them and their travelling companions, and have almost finished with the baddie teams (yes teams). I have got most of my nasties painted (pics coming soon). I have posted pictures of the battleground to be fought over, now much improved.

           I am doing a bit of paper terrain and adding foam board for strength. I have added extra details on it, but some bits still need painting.

That's my status at this time, whats known as snail mode, but I am progressing.

Another bit of good news is that I have an invite to go to a gaming session with a mate, but the date has yet to be confirmed. I will report on that when it happens.

Regards all,

Ivor

No comments:

Post a Comment