Wednesday 20 September 2017

RPG_Chronicles Part 0

Hi all,
           I have just provisionally joined a weekly Role Playing Game / Wargame club in my local area called The Circle Battle Group. Yo gang.


 On my first week, on my table, they were running a Sword and Sorcery GURPS RPG in 15mm, other tables were doing war games.
          Currently, we are using D20 Modern rules for our RPG.  I went for a tech type, for a change. I will be doing write-ups of some of our adventures so you can join in the fun. Currently, I am doing the Department 7 Adventure first, getting it roughly typed up, taking it to the members about what I missed, then doing corrections and inserts, finally posting it on here.  Since I am the new kid on the block, I'm not sure how regular the episodes will be though, probably three weeks to a month for each adventure. I will just go with the flow.

             The only snag is that it actually takes longer to type up and expand the story than it did to actually play it in the first place, also I am an evening short each week to do stuff, so I will cherry-pick the stories that I put on here. There will be photos to go along with it, but don't expect very exotic scenery, more like just diagrams with figures. I am giving priority to my homegrown blog stuff, so once I have finished what I am doing, I will slot some of this in.

If you are in the Erdington / Stocklands Green area of Birmingham, the UK on a Wednesday evening come along and see us at the Highcroft Community Center.

http://highcroftcommunitycentre.co.uk

Not sure if the website is current, apologies.

485 Slade Road,
Stocklands Green,
Birmingham
B23 7JG

0121 - 382 5101

There are food vendors in the area. We usually eat before a game.

Ivor Cogdell

Postscript: At one point, due to unforeseen circumstances, I thought I was going to have to postpone my joining the club for the present then attend in the future. Then that fell through and I managed to go for another week to finish off a game. It is now full steam ahead again.

No comments:

Post a Comment