Saturday 2 September 2017

A little treat

Hi all,
          I have just been on the http://www.wargamevault.com/ website and just treated myself to the Adventures in the Lost Lands from Two Hour Wargames. Their partner store, Rebel Minis, are doing it for £7.99. There is an expansion pack on offer, Motor City in the Lost Lands. They do a very nice range of 15 mm Neanderthal minis for them too, located on their Pulp page, Rebel Minis / Pulp. I have just added 6 Dinos to my menagerie, they are only slightly bigger than the correct scale, but they can be juveniles or adults, depending on how they fit the rest of the herd.

           I also got the intro pack to "Gentlemen prefer Zombies", a Victorian-era zombie hunt. I will see how it stacks up against the Mordheim rules, all good stuff for the future. But I will need some Victorian figures for that to go ahead. It's time to search the net again.

           I have downloaded some Mordheim, Battlefleet Gothic, Age of Sigmar, Frostgrave Ghost Archipelago and some Star Wars - Legion video battle reports (one from Gen Con - Hi to everybody who visited the Con) to watch on my phone while on the move. Just viewed it, nice and simple mechanics, depends if you like your games crunchy or not.
                  I bought a few superhero baddies at my local RPG / Wargame hangout, not sure what I will fit them in yet though.
            Speaking of videos, I want to give a quick shout out to Guerrilla Miniature Games, for their Throwback Thursdays Battle Report videos. They are always great quality. Any recommendations of battle reports you might have for me, please leave in the comments section below.

           For the present, it is the Xmas move around, so busy, busy, busy at work. I am currently just finishing off a painting session ( a sunset over a lake on a 16 x 20-inch canvas) plus playing and writing part three of my Dwarf journey towards Mordheim. The question is, will they actually get there, or will their bones bleach in the wilderness?

           As you may have realised, my brave travellers have come across some more nasty critters, who are intent on doing them harm or even worse. The final tussle has now taken place, I am just left with the task of slotting in the pictures. Which I have now done. Yaay, the end, I thought. But alas no, it was not to be just yet, my font sizes seemed to have got completely screwed up, going extra small and needed some tweaking before they were presentable, so I have given the computer a good telling off and got the code to behave itself.
            I have posted it with the corrected text now, so you can enjoy another skirmish, dwarf style.

Ivor Cogdell

No comments:

Post a Comment