Thursday 24 May 2018

Thoughts on - Avengers Infinity War

Hi all,
            Just a quick comment or two for this one. First off, I had not seen the latest Thor and Black Panther movies, so I was unaware of the Panther's origins. This film just lept into the first battle scene without much of an explanation or warning. I was not impressed.
           My main concern, plot-wise, was why did they need to call in the "Guardians of the Galaxy"? The film is supposed to be about the Avengers, or so I thought. If the Guardians came along, where were all of the other Galactic hero types, like the Silver Surfer? They will be raiding the DC universe next, Superperson and Batman save the day.

While doing a bit of digging into the Thanos backstory on wiki afterwards, it does seem that old Thanos has been all over the place in the comic book side of the Marvel Universe and that indeed, there is a legitimate link to the Guardians. (I won't spoil it here just in case you did not know either.) But if you are not a dyed in the wool fan, how would you know?

            Overall, I did enjoy the film, in 3D IMAX, as you would expect. The sequel will have to be a doozy to keep up with the expectations the first one left us with.

Rating - 8 out of 10. Revised, 9 out of 10.

Ivor


No comments:

Post a Comment