Friday 22 June 2018

Notes _ Wizards Tower terrain

Hi all,
           I had been invited to a friend's house, we were about to have a game of  "Project Z" (R) (C), published by Warlord Game's, (see my other recent post for the outcome), when I noticed some rather oddly shaped items on his shelves, one, in particular, caught my eye.

I asked, "Whats that?".

He replied. "Oh that, its just one of my models in progress, a Wizard's Tower ."

He continued, "I made it from a small soup can for the ground floor, then a slightly larger tin on top, connected together with masking tape, followed by a length of pipe on top of that, (Masking tape covering the top and bottom ends), capped by a clear plastic dome (from an aerosol can or similar product).

Around the outside of the pipe, at the top, there are three round turrets (you could do four or just two whatever suits your taste), parallel to the sides, the size is optional, from sweet tubes or tins, whatever you have to hand, topped with a curved piece of card for the pointy roof. Cover all of the surfaces with some wet card (Loo Roll). Leave this to dry, then add glue and sand to taste".

 You can apply stonework detail to this (when it is still wet) and battlements at the top. Mount it on a flat base or a  hilltop (A polystyrene plate, possibly use 2 bonded together for strength). Add foliage decoration as desired. Any doors are optional, as you can just add a teleport platform outside instead. Windows in the tower are optional too, they can see outside using wizardly secrets. Fresh air comes in via teleport too.

           I will try and get a picture next time I am there.


The Wizard's Tower in progress, as promised.

Regards,

Ivor

P.S. It would not let me add a comment at the bottom, as I normally do, strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment