Monday 14 October 2019

Thoughts On - Ad Astra. (Updated 2019-12-06)

Hi all,
          I went to see the Ad Astra film today, it was a bad move on my part. I had been looking forward to seeing it, as I am a hardcore space nut and Sci-Fi bod, as you have probably noticed on my other film reviews. The special effects were good. The start of the film was good, but the plot was rubbish. Our big hero astronaut gets a new mission - just save the planet from the Antimatter particles his dad (who he and most everybody else thought was dead) is playing about with on a space platform in orbit around Neptune.
           No sooner does he get to the Moon, than some opposition appears to try and foil his mission, but why try and stop him, because if he fails, the Earth will be tossed back in the stone age and we all loose ???? No reason was given, as far as I could tell.  There is a bit more larking about and soul searching on Mars, then off he goes to see what his long lost dad is up to around Neptune. We get into more deep thoughts and arguments.
            The ending was predictable rubbish. It could and should have been so much better. Altogether, this was a load of time, effort and dosh wasted.

Score - 3 / 10.

Miss it with my blessing.

Regards all,

Ivor Cogdell

1 comment: