Sunday 14 June 2020

In Production updated. 27 June 2020.

It's In the works, As They Say


Hi all,
         This is just a quick news snippet to keep you in the loop, as it were, as to my war gaming progress. While I was off my feet with a strained ligament in my right big toe, and could not get to my PC, (as I had to keep it raised up), I managed to read up on the rules to Nordic Weasel's (C) "5 Leagues from the borderlands", which is their fantasy solo skirmish game, it has expansion packs too.

I rolled up some characters (4 heroes and four followers), then rolled up three villages and their problems, grabbed some suitable models and proceeded to play Turn 1 of the campaign.

You can get goods weapons and armour and do jobs in the village before you set out adventuring. Random encounters are generated along the way and at least one main encounter before you reach the next village  Terrain and movement are taken into account during the battle. According to your success or failure, you may or may not get Xp points, assorted finds, loot and suchlike.

So, turn one is now done and the photos are in the PC. I have just got to do the narrative for it. To be followed by some more of "The Battle of Durk's Compound" basheroo.

Have fun, one and all. Please leave a comment. (If it will let you) - see previous post.

17th June 2020 - Update - Sorry about the delay, just got some real life snags sticking their foot in my gaming schedule, be back in a bit.

20 June 2020 - Doing Turn 6 for Durks battle, at the moment. 

27 June 2020 - Finished the battle and dialogue, just got to stitch it together with the photos. -  Done that now. It took a while, but its up there now. Enjoy.


Ivor Cogdell

1 comment: