Monday 8 June 2020

Thoughts on - Why is it so hard to leave comments ? Have you given up? (Updated 15 June 2020). Still need help.

Do you comment ? Or have you given up ?

Hi all,
         The other day I was reading a post on the Gundabad Games blog, they had posted a review of "Five Klicks from the Zone - Chapter 1" by Nordic Weasel games. It was an interesting read and I wanted to leave a comment in appreciation.
         I entered my comment, hit Publish, and it just vanished.  The setting label was on google admin, so I thought it should be ok. I had a look at the other settings and then tried to do it with my email in the URL. Nothing.

So if you are reading this please try to comment in the box below, mentioning what the settings were please. If you do manage it Great , thanks. BUT, if as I suspect, you fail, please email me at 

ivorcogdell@hotmail.com - Subject: Blog comments

Thanks for reading this in any event. I will add your comments on the bottom here if you say so.


Update - just tried my own comment - Nothing on Google Administrator.setting.

8th June 2020 - No comments yet, you could be the first.

15th June 2020 - Thanks for the comment Shaun. I have just succeeded with my mobile too. I will try on here in a mo. Tried it. Still no luck using chrome or Brave, odd.

 It shows "Google account", but not where to add my name, does it automatically know? I imagine so, but it does not show it.

I will try another reply at Gundobad Games on the net and then by phone. I succeeded in leaving a message on their post "5 Klicks from the Zone" on the phone, but still not by net.


Regards all,

Ivor Cogdell



6 comments:

  1. Trying out a comment as you suggest. No changed to any settings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for replying Shaun. Trying from my mobile now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting - on (mobile) brave it has me as Ivor Cogdell (Google) yet when I try fom my pc it just has select profile with drop down box "Google account", but it won't let me enter anything there. Am I doing something dumb? Answers on a postcard... Err on here, please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On my Windows PC with Chrome I have the Comment as field set as "Shaun Travers (Google)" that is the default. I haven't ever selected the other two options (Name/URL and Anonymous). I have no idea on what is happening on your PC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ivor! 'Gundobad' here from the Gundobad Games blog. Just trying out the comment function - I hope things start working smoothly for the blog soon!

    ReplyDelete