Wednesday 23 September 2015

Thoughts - Aliens

Hi there Wargamers all,
                                       I have just been trawling through the Wargamers Net, looking for 28 mm Mini's to add to my cast of heroes for my science fiction campaign, (C) 5 Parsecs From Home. I did see some very fine work and have found some I think will find a home with me, but some cast members positions are still vacant. I still have some sites to check out, so my findings are not totally set in stone yet.

Two things did stand out so far.
                     Firstly, there are not a great many civilian mini's out there, apart from those carrying dirty great big guns. Male and female in all sorts of get up with BIG GUNS. Unfortunately, not what I was after today, next week, possibly.
                     Secondly, aliens, or rather, "not so very", alien. Most were two arms, two legs and a body, with an alien head, slightly longer or shorter shaped arms or legs, with more BIG Guns, maybe, but they were just not ALIEN enough. Aliens should look nothing like us at all.
                     An Honorable Mention goes to the "Avian aliens", (ones with a long neck and a bird head) and the Aliens with the 4 claws instead of legs and there is the big plant-type one and a small blobby one, The 6mm Starship Trooper Bugs get a wave too, but they were designed from a film. At least the artists who sculpted them were thinking outside the box and trying to do something different. Where are all the weird critters that make you go WOW ? I'm still looking, I hope to find them yet.

I'll leave you with this quote from one of my friends today, They ask, "Where are all the Aliens ? If you were an alien, would you come here with the amount of troubles we have going on ? Not in a million years ! Just occasionally, throw big rocks at us. Job done".

Ivor

P.S. So, am I putting myself in too narrow a field ? Do you know of any good Alien figures to match my desires ? Who would you nominate as the baddest baddie figure out there and please leave a link to it.
       It seems like there are no baddies out there, or just maybe they are in hiding, or should that be plotting up another evil plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment