Tuesday 11 May 2021

Thoughts On - Ups and Downs

 Hi All,

             I'm sorry that the content on here has been a bit non existent lately. I hope the "Shout Outs" I mentioned in the blog from last time kept you going ok. My GM has been having Covid problems with his other half, so the RPG has stalled (I do have some more content for it though). I have been getting out a bit more, some socially distancing biking (Castle Bromwich Hall>Digby and Dog Pubs, Water Orton > Hare and Hounds Pub,  Minworth, >Fazely Canal > Tyburn Pub) and walking to the local parks, which is very good, but it eats into my PC time. 

           Speaking of  my PC time, I am now doing a home study course on Information Technology - that's Networking and stuff. (Part way through the second week of my course, I pranged my computer for a week (I was havingBoot Password problems and could not  get in) and was having to follow the class lessons through my Mobile, it was not ideal. I am still looking for a job.

         I have been doing a few watercolour sketches of the Icelandic Volcano and some other stuff when I have been out and about, as you can see below.
              Castle  Bromwich Hall grounds, just time for a picnic before the sun sets.


Fazeley Canal, Western sunset from Wiggins Hill Bridge.

Castle Bromwich tree

Bluebells on the lower Common Triangle. First time seeing them there.

Bluebells

A close up of the Iceland Volcano Cone No. 5 in action, 7 May 2021. Copyright ?

That is one frisky volcano. You can see live feeds on Youtube at the moment, *May 2021.

The view from Wiggins Hill Bridge, Minworth. (C) Copyright 2021. Ivor Cogdell.

 Another very nice picnic stopover spot. There is a pub the other side of the bridge too - A bonus, but I was driving, as it were. 

 I have had the second of my two Covid jabs, so that is very good to get out of the way. I was late to the local Doctor's surgery by 30 minutes. I called them to tell them of my error and they fitted me in, which was very good of them. 
More on Jab-itis, which I mentioned in the last post, according to BBC radio 4 last night, a new poll stated that around 20% of youngsters (I'm not sure from where), do not want any of the Covid jabs available. The mind absolutely boggles. Very sadly, people are dying all over the world through this wretched virus and these young people are refusing the best chance they have of survival. Barmy.

 "Whom the Gods wish to destroy, they first drive mad."— Leo Tolstoy

There you have it that's about four months or so of not doing a lot, encapsulated in a few pictures and watercolour sketches. The sun is out today and I feel a quick bike ride is in the offing. Stay safe all, but get out when you can.

Regards all,


Ivor Cogdell

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it's finally a new post. Apologies all round. At least you know what' been happening.
    P. S try out the live feed of the Icelandic Volcano, on youtube. It erupts about every 9 minutes or so, at the moment.

    ReplyDelete