Tuesday 11 May 2021

Thoughts On - Intergalactic - Updated

 Hey all,

            I have watched the first couple of episodes of SKY's new Sci-Fi show, Intergalactic. (No, this is not the TV sequel to the film Interstellar.) I'm not sure if it has gotten up to speed yet. The plot is a bit weak, the lead is a female cop, who is the only one who can pilot the prison transport, after a break out, who are trying to get to Arcadia (Paradise planet / heart of the rebellion etc. fill in the blanks of the dialog as you please.

          The first episode graphics were good, as you would expect from a pilot, to grab the audience's attention, the second was in the usual "Dr. Who" quarry setting they dig out for backward planets. Spaceship design - fair, a habitat ring above an engine module and cockpit. The acting is not fantastic yet, but I hope it will improve as it goes along. I presume this is their first gig, as it were. I can live with it for now.

       The early promotional hype was put out there as bait, this did have me wondering if it could stand on its own two feet. So far, this show has been better than nothing, but don't hold your breath for it being another series like Firefly, I don't think this is it. I could be pleasantly surprised, though.

Next episode - Steal from a fuel depot. Good luck all.... A bit more action in this one, but not enough to change my rating mark. There is 8 episodes in the series. I'm not sure yet about a season 2. There seems to be an underplot developing of the cops not being all that good and that they could be doing something naughty in the side. Warning, warning - plot twist, plot twist.

Next episode - The Mad Scientists Lab, as you do.

Updated 1 Nov 2021 - The season came to a close with myself still watching, so it did have some appeal to it, I'm not sure quite what though. The young and inexperienced actors did give it a sort of rough around the edges quality.


Rating 6 / 10.


Regards all,


Ivor Cogdell


 

1 comment:

  1. Phew, two posts in a day, I'm getting a bit worn out.

    ReplyDelete